The Columbia Thermal Coffee Press is the perfect solution for the coffee lover that wants to enjoy quality coffee over time. With the Columbia, you can keep your coffee hot for approximately two hours. The Columbia is made of durable double wall stainless steel. The double wall provides the insulation it needs to keep the coffee hot over time. With it’s easy grip handle it is a pleasure to pour. Using a coffee press provides one of the most flavorful and balanced cups of coffee you will experience. It is easy to use too – just add coarse ground coffee, fill with hot water, stir, place the lid on and wait 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, press and enjoy. The 12 Cup Columbia is great for entertaining. The 12 Cup press is 51 oz and yields 12 – 4 ounce cups of coffee.
Most coffee roasters and tea buyers recommend using a coffee or tea press to enjoy the beverages at their best, but the devices have typically offered one major disadvantage–the brewed coffee or tea cooled quickly within the glass carafe. The Bodum Columbia thermal press overcomes this shortcoming with its double-walled stainless-steel construction, which insulates hot coffee or tea to keep it warm for up to two hours. The end result is a rich, flavorful beverage with perfectly extracted flavors and aromas.
To use the Columbia press for coffee, grind fresh beans to a coarse consistency, add 2 tablespoons of coffee for every 6 ounces of water, then add hot water and brew for four to five minutes before plunging the press. Tea brews in the same manner, but with whole tea leaves instead. The press holds up to 48 ounces of liquid–enough for 12 small cups of coffee (4 ounces each)–and features Bodum’s patented safety lid to keep the contents from spilling. For best results, users should dedicate the press to brewing one beverage only, as coffee and tea flavors tend to cross over when brewed separately in the same vessel. The Columbia coffee and tea press is dishwasher-safe. –Rivers Janssen
- COFFEE PRESS: COLUMBIA coffee maker brews an excellent cup of coffee or tea within minutes, just add course ground coffee, hot water and press
- INSULATED: Thermal coffee maker is made of double-wall, stainless steel construction to keep beverages hot for two hours; leisurely enjoy your coffee without getting cold
- STAINLESS STEEL: 3-part stainless steel plunger has a mesh filter that helps extract your coffee’s aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter
- DURABLE DESIGN: Coffee press features Bodum’s patented safety lid to keep contents from spilling and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- SERVINGS: This premium coffee press holds 51 ounces, enough for 12 cups of coffee or tea, 4 oz each