Do you love great coffee and want to grind your specially selected beans to perfection with a grinder that will do an even, consistent grind?
The Brillante BR-MCG-SS1 manual coffee grinder is ready whether your preferred brewing method is pour over, French press, espresso or Turkish. The SS1 is superior in design to other well known brand models (yes, we’ve tested H—o models) because it’s size makes it easier to grip while grinding and the stainless steel construction produces less static than all-plastic bodied grinders.
You can even use the SS1 for grinding some types of spices if you like. It’s intended for coffee but if you’d like to use it as a spice grinder you’ll find it useful for that as well.
The BR-MCG-SS1 model grinder has a ceramic conical style burr which is easily adjustable using the knob attached to the ceramic burr (on the underside of the hopper). The adjustment has handy “clicks” to help you keep track of your favorite grind setting.
The hopper has a capacity of approx. 38 grams / 6 Tbsp so you’ll be able to grind enough coffee beans for 2 people (i.e. 2 mugs) in about 1 minute 20 seconds.
The sturdy, stainless steel body of the grinder gives it a clean, polished look and helps avoid the static build up you’ll find in some of the plastic bodied grinders. It is also slim and lightweight so it’s a great travel coffee grinder to pack on your adventures.
SPECS: Diameter of body: 1.89 in / 48mm – Total length: 7.5 in / 190.5mm
Weight: 8.95 ounces / 254 grams. NOTE: Warranty void if used w/ drills or power tools.
RISK-FREE PURCHASE: No worries, no quibbles, we back our products with great customer service and our 60 day guarantee (days from delivery) that if you’re not happy with your Brillante burr coffee grinder we’ll make it up to you with an easy full refund.
- CAN I ADJUST THE GRIND SIZE AND IS IT CONSISTENT? – Yes, the grinder adjusts quickly and easily to grind for multiple brewing methods such as: espresso, pour over, french press/plunger, percolator or Turkish. You’ll be able to get a consistent grind quality that will improve the taste of your coffee.
- HOW FAST DOES IT GRIND? – That depends on the person grinding (of course!) however you can expect to grind about 38 grams of coffee to pour over level fineness in 1 min 20 sec. Stated by approximate volume that is about 6 tablespoons of whole beans ground in 1 min 20 sec (enough to serve 2 people)
- IS IT LOUD? – No, it’s really quite tame. You’ll find it MUCH quieter than grinding with an electric grinder and it’s even better than some of the other popular manual grinders.
- IS IT HARD TO CRANK? – Actually it’s pretty easy. The grinder is slim for easy gripping and the crank handle is long enough to give you good leverage for a smooth and easy grind. Some of the difficulty depends on your coffee beans but the grinder does it’s part to make things go smoothly.
- WILL I LOVE IT? IS IT BETTER THAN OTHER GRINDERS? – You love your coffee which means…your coffee grinder should make you happy as well. If it doesn’t or you have some problem don’t worry since we back your purchase with great no-quibble, customer service because we’re serious about making sure you’re pleased. Yes, we’ve tested other grinders and when comparing ease-of-use paired with excellent grind quality the SS1 is better.