Grown at high altitude under the shade of old-growth jungle, this Robusta will shatter all expectations with its depth and complexity. Growing Robusta this way is almost unheard-of, but the result is extraordinary. Low acidity and no bitterness make it easy to drink, too. Bantai is a coffee company that employs indigenous peoples to harvest the beans from wild trees growing in the national forest preserves of the Philippines, and supports local conservation efforts. This is the same ultra-premium Robusta that the Philippines civets turn into Bantai’s kopi luwak. Key notes: Chocolate, vanilla, spice; surprising depth and richness. Shade-grown, high-altitude, organic, charitable. Low acid, high caffeine. Grind is for standard drip. Roasted weekly and vacuum-packed in foil vented bags.
- Amazing depth and complexity
- Same beans used to produce Bantai’s Kopi Luwak (civet coffee)
- High caffeine (Robusta) – Low Acid
- High altitude, shade grown and organic
- Key notes: Chocolate, vanilla, spice; surprising depth and richness.